Sam Altman returns as CEO of OpenAI and establishes a new board of directors

VNZ-EN

Administrator
Staff member
Vn-Z.vn November 22, 2023 OpenAI published an article today announcing: they have reached an agreement in principle with Sam Altman for him to return to OpenAI as CEO, and build a The new Board of Directors is led by Bret Taylor (Chairman), Larry Summers and Adam D'Angelo.

OpenAI.jpeg

"Altman also posted a post saying, 'I like OpenAI and what I've done over the past few days has been aimed at sustaining the team and their mission. When I decided on Sunday night to join Microsoft, it was clear Clearly this is the best choice for both my team and I. Supported by the new Board of Directors and Satya (Microsoft CEO), I look forward to returning to OpenAI and continuing to forge a strong partnership ours with Microsoft.'"

"Greg Brockman, OpenAI co-founder and former president, responded: 'We've made incredible progress today, and we're stronger and more united than ever.'"

Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella said: 'I am encouraged by the change to OpenAI's Board of Directors, which is an important first step toward establishing more stable governance for OpenAI.'

Previously the company's surprise announcement on Friday that Another OpenAI, Greg Brockman, is joining Microsoft.

However, it seems like this situation is just Microsoft helping him, as Nadella told the media on Monday that “Where is Altman, he works for Microsoft” and said that OpenAI's governance need to change.

Of course, Altman's firing has caused chaos within the OpenAI company, with up to 96% of OpenAI's nearly 770 employees threatening to resign, demanding that the board of directors collectively resign and reinstate their positions. case for Altman and Brockman.

Nadella shared that he is ready to welcome employees to stay at OpenAI or join Microsoft.

OpenAI interim CEO Emmett Hill has told people close to the company that he has no plans to stay if the board does not explain why he fired Altman.

Some OpenAI investors say they are considering suing the company's board of directors because they fear they could lose millions of dollars in investment as their most promising startup could collapse.

In addition to Quora D'Angelo, OpenAI's board of directors consisted of four people as of Friday: Tasha McCauley, Helen Toner and OpenAI chief scientist Ilya Suzkovel.

This morning, OpenAI's board of directors is currently negotiating with Altman to discuss the possibility of the former ChatGPT CEO's return.

Top Bottom